Glastonbury 2011 T-shirt Competition Terms and Conditions
These rules apply to the Glastonbury 2011 T-shirt design competition ("Competition").
1. The promoter of the Competitions is Glastonbury Festival 2011 Limited (the "Promoter"). Our address is worthy Farm, Pilton, Nr Shepton Mallet, Somerset, BA4 4BY.
2. All entrants must be over 18 years of age at the date of entry. The eligibility of any entrant is at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
3. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
4. NO PURCHASE OF ANY SORT IS NECESSARY to enter the Competition. The winner will receive a prize payment of £1000.00 (one thousand pounds sterling) which will be in consideration of and full and final compensation for the transfer of copyrights and other rights referred to in Clause 13 below. The Winner will also receive two standard entry tickets for the Glastonbury festival.
5. All entries must include name, address, email address and telephone number. Entries are limited to one per person and must be original and made in accordance with the rules of the Competition. Entry can either be by PDF, JPEG or PNG attachment by email to email@example.com or by post to 2011 T-shirt Competition, Glastonbury Festival Office, 28 Northload Street, Glastonbury, Somerset BA6 9JJ. Designs will not be returned. The closing date for entries is 5pm on Friday 29 April, 2011. The winner will be chosen by a judging panel and the judging panel’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
6. You must ensure that your T-shirt design is original, that it was created by you and that it does not infringe the copyright, trade mark or other right that may be owned by a third party. This would include photographs taken by other people, logos, artwork, lyrics, poetry and other literary works, registered and unregistered trade marks and design rights. If you want to use anything like this in your design you must get permission in advance before you submit your design. Your design must not be defamatory or obscene. Entries may be rejected in the sole discretion of the Promoter including without limitation for reasons of obscenity, defamation, invasion of privacy or in the event that the Promoter deems the entry uploaded to be in anyway inappropriate.
7. The Promoter may at its sole discretion, substitute any Prize for a prize of a similar nature and/or comparable value. Winners may not request and are not entitled to a cash alternative to their Prize and their Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
8. All tickets for Glastonbury Festival are entirely non-transferable and subject to the Festival's registration system. When entering the T-shirt Competition you will be required to submit two valid registration numbers. You may either submit one registration number for yourself, and one for a guest; or if you already have a Festival ticket, you can submit the registration numbers of two guests.
If you and/or your guests do not already have valid registration numbers you can register online at www.glastonburyregistration.co.uk. This only takes a few minutes (but can take up to 48 hours for approval). All usual Terms and Conditions pertaining to Glastonbury Festival public entry tickets will apply.
9. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost, incomplete or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control. All lost, damaged or incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. Proof of entry shall not be proof of delivery or receipt. Only entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions will be acceptable. The Promoter will not be liable if a Prize cannot be taken by a winner for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter. Neither will the Promoter be liable for any travel costs, spending money, insurance or any other costs associated with a Prize unless otherwise stated.
10. The winner may be required to participate in publicity surrounding this promotion.
11. Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual's prior consent.
12. By entering the Competition, all entrants are deemed to accept these terms and conditions and any other rules or conditions specific to the Competition. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, change the dates of entry into the Competition and/or the dates on which the Competition will be promoted and the Promoter reserves the right to alter, amend or withdraw these terms and conditions and/or the Competition without prior notice.
13. The terms and conditions of any third party supplier may apply and must be accepted and complied with by the winner.
14. On submitting the entry and in consideration of the payment of £1000 referred to in Clause 4 above the Winner irrevocably and exclusively grants and assigns to the Promoter with full title guarantee the entire copyright and all other rights of whatever nature in his/her entry for the full duration of such rights throughout the World. All other entrants agree that on submission of their entry they will grant the promoter the entire copyright in their entry to the Promoter throughout the world for the duration of such rights on the understanding that the Promoter will not be able to utilise such rights without the further agreement of the entrant for a royalty based payment for such use.
15. Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the Promoter, so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Competition or any aspect of a Prize.
16. These terms and conditions are governed by and construed and performed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, whose courts shall be the courts of exclusive jurisdiction.