We’ve been getting quite a few questions about the tickets / ticket sale for Glastonbury 2013, so we thought we’d put together a bit of a Frequently Asked Questions list for you, answering the ones which are cropping up most often.
HOW DO I GET A TICKET?
– Ticket deposits will go on sale at 9am on Sunday 7th October via Seetickets (the only authorised seller for Glastonbury Festival tickets).
– You must be registered before you can book a ticket.
– Registration is open now at www.glastonburyregistration.co.uk and will close on 30th September.
– Everyone aged 13 and over who wants to attend the Festival needs to be registered.
HOW MANY TICKETS CAN I BOOK?
– You can book up to 8 tickets in one transaction, but you can only book one ticket per registration (so if you’re planning on booking for a group of mates, make sure they are all registered, too).
HOW MUCH WILL TICKETS COST?
– Ticket deposits of £50 per person will go on sale on October 7th, with the remaining balance due in the Spring.
– The full price and balance payment date for 2013 haven’t been confirmed yet, but will be posted here in September, as soon as we know (which will be before the deposits go on sale).
– Prices for car parking, campervans and tipis will also be announced in September, and will be available to add to your booking when paying your balance in the Spring.
– Details of transport packages which you can add to your booking will be released later in the year.
WHEN WILL THE HEADLINERS / LINE-UP BE ANNOUNCED?
– There are no plans to reveal the headliners or line-up before 2013.
WHY DO I NEED TO REGISTER?
– Since 2007, Glastonbury has had a registration system, whereby you upload a picture of yourself (like you would for a passport or driver’s license) along with your name and address details, which we then print on your ticket so that it is personal to you.
– Printing all the tickets with a name and photo means that they can’t be sold on, so we can be sure that every ticket goes to a genuine Festival goer, rather than bought by touts who would otherwise sell them on at inflated prices.
– It’s the best way we’ve found to make sure everyone has a fair chance to buy a ticket, without getting ripped off.
IS IT TOO LATE TO REGISTER?
– No – you still have until 30th September to register. It only takes a couple of minutes to register online at www.glastonburyregistration.co.uk. All you need is a clear digital photo of yourself, cropped to just your head and shoulders, saved as a jpeg file, ideally between 50kb and 200kb in size, and in portrait shape (taller than it is wide); plus your name, address and contact details. Once you’ve submitted your details you’ll be sent an email with your registration number, which you’ll need to book tickets. More information about registration is available here.
I’VE BEEN TO THE FESTIVAL BEFORE, AM I STILL REGISTERED?
– Possibly, but not definitely, as some older registrations have expired.
– We’d really encourage you to check now whether your registration is still valid by entering your registered email address on the look up page. Don’t leave this until the last minute, as registration closes on 30th September.
– If you have a valid registration, the details will be sent to your registered email address.
– If your details cannot be found on the look up page you are not registered and will need to submit a new registration before you can book tickets for the Festival.
I’VE MOVED HOUSE, CAN I UPDATE MY ADDRESS?
– Yes, as long as you still have access to your registered email address you can edit your address details online here.
I LOOK QUITE DIFFERENT NOW TO MY REGISTERED PHOTO, CAN I SUBMIT A NEW ONE?
– You can’t amend the photo on a particular registration, but you are welcome (and encouraged) to delete the old one and submit a new one if you look significantly different to your previous picture.
I NO LONGER HAVE ACCESS TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS I USED TO REGISTER, CAN I UPDATE IT?
– Sorry, no. If you don’t have access to the email address you will need to submit a new registration, as the email sent to verify changes has to go to the original email address.
I WANT TO BRING MY CHILDREN, DO THEY NEED TO REGISTER?
– Children aged 12 and under do not need tickets and do not need to register. They are admitted free of charge with a ticket holding adult.
– Children aged 13 and over require a ticket, and therefore must be registered, and if under 16 must be accompanied by a ticket holding adult.
WHAT FACILITIES ARE AVAILABLE TO DISABLED FESTIVAL GOERS, AND DO YOU OFFER A PA SCHEME?
– There are a range of disabled facilities (viewing platforms, disabled campsite, disabled car park) and a PA scheme is available for carers of those who require additional assistance. Once you have booked your tickets in October, contact the disabled access coordinator for an information and application pack. For more information, click here.
STILL HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
HEAD TO THE FULL TICKET INFORMATION PAGE.
Photo: Andrew / Joey Allcock