Opening Ceremony Thursday 12 noon
Drumming Circle 2 pm daily
Fire Ceremony 12 noon daily
High on the hill the majestic Tipis watch over the swirling festivities below.
Enter the great circle and revel in the radiance of the central fire.
You are invited to go tribal in the Tipi Field at this year’s festival.
Take a little time to return to your roots in the ambience of this circle of traditional Native American Tipis.
This year we raise a new Red Cedar Totem pole in the centre of the field, traditionally carved in the native Haida tradition of Western Canada.
Discover some of what the Tipi Field has to offer:
• Experience Hearthworks Tipis & Yurts
• Sweat your spirit clean at Lost Horizons Sauna
• Turn on with the Whirling Dervishes
• Be inspired with stories from Mac Macartney, the Cartwheels Collective, the Man from Story Mountain and more
• Journey with women in the Moon Lodge
• Enjoy a cozy fireside snuggle at Pacha Mamas Chai Tipi
• Explore the Amazon with Tribal Survival
• Have a spiritual reading with Old Chinese
• Break into a spontaneous jam at the Spanish Moon Tipi Cafe
• Learn felt making and forest crafts in the big Rainbow Tipi
The venue not to miss in the Tipi Field 2014 is Ancient Futures, with a programme of inspirational music and performances, celebrating traditions from around the globe. Dance into the night with vibrant roots, folk and global fusion. See the Ancient Futures Stage programme for full listings.
Located between the Stone Circle and the Park, the Tipi Field offers a great retreat from the main stages. A place where you can rekindle your festival spirit and remember the magic that it is all about.