Thank you for your interest in the 2014 Emerging Talent Competition organised by Glastonbury Festivals 2014 Ltd (the ‘Glastonbury Festival’, the ‘Festival’ and ‘We’)
Please note the following important information and terms and conditions
1) The competition is open only to musicians and performers based in the UK and Ireland who have not signed a contract to a record company, or any contract with any third party record label (or similar). This restriction would not include self released material whether in the physical format or as a digital release. Self released means recordings entirely financed by the musicians or performers with no financial assistance from or commercial relationship or agreement with a record label or other investor but always excepting any distribution deal you might have entered into (including iTunes and/or a digital aggregator). In the event of any query or disagreement on what constitutes a valid entry, the Festival’s decision is final. You may only enter ONCE. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
2) Entries will be accepted online only from 9am (09.00) on the 20th January until 5pm (17.00) GMT on the 27th January 2014 at www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk. At the first stage of the competition we guarantee to listen to one whole track of an original sound recording of an original song by you. You will need to submit
3) The competition is free to enter.
4) Regrettably we will not be able to enter into any correspondence with competition entrants. However we may contact each competition entrant to give them updates about the various stages of the competition and information around radio coverage of the competition. Please make sure your application is clear and complete. You cannot amend the application once it has been submitted, or submit additional songs, so please do not send additional links (or similar) to us.
5) By entering the competition you agree:
The entry process, judging process and final decisions will follow this procedure:
6) A team of music bloggers will listen to all the entries to narrow them down to a “long list”.
7) ) From the Long List the Final Judging Panel will select a short list of 8 entrants which will be invited to the competition finals. Successful entrants will be notified during the week commencing 3rd March 2014. The decision of our first stage judging team and the Final Judging Panel is final.
8) The Competition Finals
9) The winner:
10) If any other Finalists are chosen to play the Festival the final decision as to the most appropriate venue/stage for any selected artist to perform at will be at the discretion of the judges. The same terms contained in 9 will apply.
11) The Festival will make every effort to ensure the Winner performs at Glastonbury Festival 2014. However the Festival may, in certain circumstances, have to cancel the performance without consulting the performer and without further liability to the performer.
Glastonbury Festival reserves the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions in its discretion without notice.