If you’re hoping to buy a Glastonbury ticket in the sales on 1st October (coach + ticket) and 4th October (standard tickets), we would very much recommend reading through the answers to our frequently asked questions, below.
HOW DO I GET A GLASTONBURY 2016 TICKET?
Everyone aged 13 or over for whom you intend to buy a ticket needs their own registration.
If you’ve been to the Festival before, you can check your registration online here.
Have a good read of the full ticket information at www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets which will tell you everything you need to know in preparation for booking tickets.
Go to glastonbury.seetickets.com at at 9am on Sunday 4th October to book tickets only by paying a £50 deposit per person (plus the price of your coach if you’re booking one).
The coach + ticket packages were all sold on Thursday 1st October. However, National Express will, once again, be running coaches to the Festival from more than 70 destinations for standard ticket holders.
CAN I STILL REGISTER?
No. Registration closed at 9am on Tuesday 29th September and there will be no opportunity to resubmit a registration until after both ticket sales.
I HAVE MORE THAN ONE REGISTRATION. IS THAT OK? WHICH ONE SHOULD I USE?
It’s fine to have multiple registrations (even linked to the same email account), however if you plan to book tickets for the Festival, please make sure that the registration you use is one with your name and photo and that the photo is of passport standard and a good recent likeness.
To delete any old or duplicate registrations that are no longer required, please request a list of all your registrations and click the delete option next to the registrations you would like to be removed.
I REGISTERED TO BUY TICKETS PREVIOUSLY. IS MY REGISTRATION STILL VALID?
It may well be: all registrations approved from 2010 onwards are still valid to buy tickets for Glastonbury 2016. However, in order to maintain the quality of registration photos on tickets, any registrations submitted prior to 2010 have been deleted. All registrants affected have already been contacted via the email they used to register. If you have not received this email, but think your registration was submitted prior to 2010, we recommend checking your registration now, in case you were registered to an old email account, or have otherwise missed this notification.
HOW MUCH WILL TICKETS COST?
Tickets cost £228 + £5 booking fee per person, with deposits of £50 per person payable on October 4th (children aged 12 and under are admitted free of charge and do not need a ticket). If you are booking a coach package you will need to pay the £50 ticket deposit plus the full price of your coach booking. A full list of the coach departure points and prices is below.
Your ticket balance (£178 + £5 booking fee) will be due in the first week of April 2016. Postage will be charged per order (not per ticket) when paying your balance.
HOW MANY TICKETS CAN I BOOK?
For both the coach package sale on 1st October and standard admission sale on 4th October you can book up to six tickets per transaction, providing you have the registration numbers for everyone for whom you are booking a ticket. If you are booking coach packages you will also be able to buy additional coach seats for children aged 12 and under, and for PAs who are allocated tickets by the Access Coordinator.
HOW CAN I PAY?
UK buyers must use a UK registered debit card. International buyers must use a credit card (with a non-UK billing address).
WHAT ARE THE TOP TIPS FOR GETTING A TICKET?
1. Make sure you have all your registration details (including postcodes) ready and checked in advance, that there are sufficient cleared funds on the card you intend to use to book, and that you know all the security information for that card.
2. Be aware that tickets are not held whilst you’re entering your details, so you need to be ready to enter all your details quickly and accurately once you reach the booking page.
3. Be persistent and patient – there are likely to be more people trying to buy tickets than there are tickets available, so inevitably not everyone will be able to book tickets, but the longer you try the more likely you are to get a ticket.
4. Stick to one tab, in one window, so you can focus on entering your details without confusing your browser. Access to the booking page is limited to 10 minutes from the point you enter your registration details (but tickets are not held during this time), so if you have lots of tabs refreshing the same page, the clock will start as soon as the first one of those tabs hits the site, which may have been a window you weren’t keeping an eye on.
6. If the page ‘hangs’ and you can’t get any further, try pressing back once and then continue your booking from that point. If that doesn’t help, close your browser and start again. Please don’t continue to refresh the page beyond 10 minutes after entering your details as your access to the page will have expired. You will need to close the browser and start again to gain fresh access to the booking page.
7. If an attempt to book is already held against your registration number, your number will be held for up to 10 minutes whilst the transaction is attempted, but will be released if the transaction fails, to give you the chance to try again.
IF I BOOK A COACH PACKAGE WHEN WILL I GET MY TICKETS?
Your coach travel e-tickets will be sent out to you in advance and your Festival tickets will be handed out on the coach on the way to the Festival, to ensure everyone travels on the coach they have booked.
I’VE MOVED HOUSE, CAN I UPDATE MY ADDRESS?
Yes, as long as you still have access to your registered email address you can edit your address details online here. Alternatively, you can provide your new address for your tickets to be delivered to when submitting your payment (this won’t change the details on your registration though)
WHAT IF I NO LONGER HAVE ACCESS TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS I USED TO REGISTER?
If you no longer have access to the email address linked to your registration we’d recommend you re-register, with the correct email address, to ensure you receive updates about your booking.
WILL THERE BE ACCOMMODATION AVAILABLE AT WORTHY VIEW AGAIN THIS YEAR?
Yes, Worthy View pre-erected accommodation will go on sale to ticket holders a couple of weeks after the ticket sales. For the first time this year you will also be able to book campervan tickets and tipis in this sale. More information will be released soon about the range of accommodation on offer.
HOW CAN I GET INFORMATION ABOUT ATTENDING THE FESTIVAL WITH A DISABILITY?
Full information about the Festival’s access facilities is available here.
HAVE YOU ANNOUNCED ANY OF THE LINE-UP?
No, not yet. The full line-up is usually announced in the Spring.