If you’re hoping to buy a Glastonbury ticket when they go on sale on Sunday, 9th October (standard tickets), we would very much recommend reading through the answers to our frequently asked questions, below.
HOW DO I GET A GLASTONBURY 2017 TICKET?
Everyone aged 13 or over for whom you intend to buy a ticket needs their own registration.
If you’ve been to the Festival before, you can check your registration online here.
Have a good read of the full ticket information which will tell you everything you need to know in preparation for booking tickets.
Go to glastonbury.seetickets.com on Sunday 9th October (tickets only) by paying a £50 deposit per person.
CAN I STILL REGISTER?
No, registration closed at 12 noon on Monday 3rd October (as previously advertised). There will now be no opportunity to resubmit a registration until after both ticket sales.
CAN I STILL TRAVEL BY COACH?
Yes, absolutely. Our coach + ticket packages sold out on Thursday 6th October, but standard ticket buyers can still travel by coach to the Festival from 70 destinations with National Express.
I HAVE MORE THAN ONE REGISTRATION. IS THAT OK? WHICH ONE SHOULD I USE?
It’s fine to have multiple registrations (even linked to the same email account), however if you plan to book tickets for the Festival, please make sure that the registration you use is one with your name and photo and that the photo is of passport standard and a good recent likeness.
To delete any old or duplicate registrations that are no longer required, please request a list of all your registrations and click the delete option next to the registrations you would like to be removed.
I REGISTERED TO BUY TICKETS PREVIOUSLY. IS MY REGISTRATION STILL VALID?
It may well be, yes, but please check! All registrations approved from 2010 onwards are still valid to buy tickets for Glastonbury 2017. However, in order to maintain the quality of registration photos on tickets, any registrations submitted prior to 2010 have been deleted. We recommend checking your registration now, in case you were registered to an old email account, your photo is no longer a good likeness, or your pre-2010 registration has expired.
HOW MUCH WILL TICKETS COST?
Tickets cost £238 + £5 booking fee per person, with deposits of £50 per person payable on October 9th (children aged 12 and under are admitted free of charge and do not need a ticket).
Your ticket balance (£188 + £5 booking fee) will be due in the first week of April 2017. Postage will be charged per order (not per ticket) when paying your balance.
HOW MANY TICKETS CAN I BOOK?
You can book up to six tickets per transaction, providing you have the registration numbers for everyone for whom you are booking a ticket.
HOW CAN I PAY?
UK buyers may use either a UK registered debit card or UK registered credit card. International buyers must use a credit card (with a non-UK billing address).
DO YOU HAVE ANY TOP TIPS FOR GETTING A TICKET?
1. Make sure you have all your registration details (including postcodes) ready and checked in advance, that there are sufficient cleared funds on the card you intend to use to book, and that you know all the security information for that card.
2. Be sure to enter all your details accurately once you reach the booking page.
3. Be persistent and patient – there are likely to be more people trying to buy tickets than there are tickets available, so inevitably not everyone will be able to book tickets, but the longer you try the more likely you are to get a ticket.
4. Stick to one tab, in one window, so you can focus on entering your details without confusing your browser.
5. If the page ‘hangs’ and you can’t get any further, try pressing back once and then continue your booking from that point. If that doesn’t help, close your browser and start again. Please don’t continue to refresh the page more than 10 minutes after entering your details as your access to the page will have expired. You will need to close the browser and start again to gain fresh access to the booking page.
6. If an attempt to book is already held against your registration number, your number will be held for up to 10 minutes whilst the transaction is attempted, but will be released if the transaction fails, to give you the chance to try again, if there are still tickets available.
IF I BOOKED A COACH PACKAGE WHEN WILL I GET MY TICKETS?
Your coach travel e-tickets will be sent out to you in advance and your Festival tickets will be handed out on the coach on the way to the Festival, to ensure everyone travels on the coach they have booked.
I’VE MOVED HOUSE, CAN I UPDATE MY ADDRESS?
Yes – when booking tickets you can provide your new address for your tickets to be delivered to however this won’t change the details on your registration, though. As long as you still have access to your registered email address you can edit your address details online when registration reopens next week.
WILL THERE BE ACCOMMODATION AVAILABLE AT WORTHY VIEW AGAIN THIS YEAR?
Yes, Worthy View pre-erected accommodation will go on sale to ticket holders a couple of weeks after the ticket sales. You will also be able to book campervan tickets and tipis in this sale. More information will be released soon about the range of accommodation on offer.
HOW CAN I GET INFORMATION ABOUT ATTENDING THE FESTIVAL WITH A DISABILITY?
Full information about the Festival’s access facilities is available here.
HAVE YOU ANNOUNCED ANY OF THE LINE-UP?
No, not yet. The full line-up is usually announced in the Spring.