Philip Waite Photography
WORTHY VIEW 2014 IS NOW SOLD OUT
Any cancelled bookings will be automatically placed back on sale, via glastonbury.seetickets.com
Following its successful debut in 2013, Worthy View is back for Glastonbury 2014, offering unpretentious, custom-made and pre-erected Festival accommodation a short walk from the Festival site (up the hill above the Stone Circle field) - leaving you with nothing to carry home but your bags.
Worthy View offers its own facilities including toilets and showers, plus there will be hot food available to purchase. Further details on the 2014 facilities will be announced soon. The Worthy View car park is in a designated field next to the campsite.
In order to make an accommodation booking you must already have a valid ticket booking for Glastonbury 2014. Prices do not include Festival tickets.
All prices are for five nights - Wednesday June 25th to Sunday June 29th, inclusive (Worthy View opens at 9am on Wednesday June 25th, with check out on Monday June 30th).
Accommodation bookings for Worthy View will be taken by the Festival’s nominated ticket agency, See Tickets. Payment will need to be made in full (there is no deposit scheme for Worthy View).
To make a booking you will be required to enter the registration number you used when booking your Festival ticket. Please note you will need to present your tickets on arrival when checking in at your accommodation at Worthy View.
Car parking tickets for Worthy View will also be available to book when making an accommodation booking. Please note that if you wish to park at Worthy View you must buy a Worthy View Car Park Ticket – not a Festival Car Park Ticket.
Having made your accommodation booking you will receive a confirmation email to confirm your reservation within 24 hours, and will receive a follow-up message from the Festival in mid May 2014 with further details of your accommodation and access information.
Should you be unable to attend the Festival, or should you wish to cancel your accommodation booking for Worthy View, you may do so up until May 9th, after which time your reservation will be non-refundable. All refunds prior to May 9th will incur a £15 administration fee per unit. Cancellation Protection is available when booking.
Car Park Tickets: £25 (parking is in a designated field next to the campsite). P&P for car park tickets is £2.31.
Prices do not include Festival tickets. All prices are inclusive of VAT.
MAKING A BOOKING
To make a booking you will be required to enter the registration number you used when booking your Festival ticket. Please note you will need to present this ticket on arrival when checking in at your accommodation at Worthy View. You may book up to 2 units of accommodation per booking. Car parking tickets for Worthy View will also be available to book when making an accommodation booking. Please note that if you wish to park at Worthy View you must buy a Worthy View Car Park Ticket – not a Festival Car Park Ticket.
Please note UK bookings can only be made using a UK registered debit card (Visa Debit, Visa Electron, Switch/Maestro, Domestic Solo). International bookings can only be made using a Visa Credit or MasterCard Credit Card.
You will also be asked to provide us with a bit of information about your group:
• How many people will be staying in your accommodation?
• How do you plan to travel to the Festival?
• Would you like your tent to be next to a friend/family member? (NB: Scout tent only)
This information is purely to help the campsite organisers deliver the best possible service.
Having booked accommodation at Worthy View, you will receive a confirmation email from Seetickets within 24 hours to confirm your reservation, and you will receive a follow-up message from the campsite organisers in May 2014 with further details of your accommodation and access information. Should you be unable to attend the Festival, or should you wish to cancel your accommodation booking for Worthy View, you may do so up until May 9th, after which time your reservation will be non-refundable. All refunds prior to May 9th will incur a £15 administration fee per unit.
ADDITITIONAL BOOKING INFORMATION
Seetickets are the only company permitted to sell accommodation for Glastonbury Festival. No other site or agency will be allocated accommodation. Any other company or individual claiming to sell official Glastonbury Festival accommodation is bogus.
You may book two units of accommodation per transaction. We are able to accommodate group requests for scout tents only as long as all your friends and family are in the same sized accommodation and you have all used the ‘Group Name’ facility i.e. all 2 person scout tents and all using the Group Name ‘Carnival’ for example. Please all use the same ‘Group Name’ and remember to be original! If you do not use the same ‘Group Name’ or are all in different sized scout tents then unfortunately we cannot guarantee this service. Please note, further changes/additions cannot be made after the cancellation deadline of 9th May.
Accommodation bookings at Worthy View are refundable up until 9th May 2014. Optional TicketPlan Cancellation Protection for Worthy View is available when making your booking.
Cancellation Protection provides cover for a range of unforeseen circumstances that may prevent you being able to stay at Worthy View. A summary of the Terms and Conditions can be found on the booking site. The price of TicketPlan Cancellation Protection is dependent on the type of accommodation booked:
Please note, this protection is for the cancellation of your whole booking only and relates to the lead booker only. No refund or compensation is available for the non-attendance of individual members of your party.
Click here for a PDF of the TicketPlan T&Cs.
WHERE IS WORTHY VIEW?
Worthy View is located south of the Festival site, on Pennard Hill. Pedestrian access to the site through the Pennard Hill Pedestrian Gate (between the Stone Circle Field and the Tipi Field) is via a footpath at a gradient which we do not recommend for wheelchair users, children’s pushchairs or anyone with mobility issues.
Vehicle access to the Worthy View car parks is approached from the north via The A37 from Bristol then the A39 to Wells and Glastonbury and then the A361 towards the site, From the West via the A39 and A361 to Glastonbury and then the A361 towards the site and from the South and East via the A37. Please follow instructions sent out once booked as a number of roads a closed at different times and you can enjoy long delays.
Festival goers at Worthy View will benefit from designated car parks, in the adjacent field to the campsite, and the shortest walk from any off-site campsite to the late night entertainment areas.
Facilities at Worthy View will include toilets, showers and a range of catering options.
There are no separate disabled weekend tickets. However, once you have secured your Festival ticket in the usual way, please contact us to request the Access registration form. Everyone planning to buy Festival tickets needs to register. Pedestrian access from the Festival site to “Worthy View” is via a footpath at a gradient which we do not recommend for wheelchair users, pushchairs or anyone with mobility issues.
There will be a wheelchair accessible toilet/ shower available at Worthy View, however advanced facilities ( power/ medicine storage/ wheelchair power) are not possible on this site.
Disabled Festival-goers who wish to book accommodation at “Worthy View” may wish to drive from “Worthy View” to the accessible car park, from where a shuttle service is available to the Festival site. Alternatively, disabled access facilities are available on the Festival site . For further information, please go to the Disabled Information page.
All bookings are taken by Seetickets. The Festival does not have access to Seetickets’ booking system or individual booking information, so if you have an enquiry specific to your booking, then please contact Seetickets on 0844 412 4626 or by post to:
PO Box 9091
Once you have booked your accommodation, you can also access information regarding your ticket booking, including details of ticket dispatch, online at https://www.seetickets.com/customerservice using your booking reference number and email address or postcode.
If you require general information about Worthy View (that isn’t related to a specific booking), please find the information in this page. If you cannot find the information you require here, please contact the Festival Office, who will be able to assist you with general information about Worthy View.
PUBLIC TRANSPORT TRANSFER TO WORTHY VIEW
We will be offering free shuttle bus transfers again from Wednesday 25th June until Monday 30th June.
Services for rail passengers will run directly between Castle Cary Station and Worthy View on Wednesday and Thursday from 0800 to 2300.
Services for coach travellers and those using the drop and collect facility will run directly between the Festival Bus Station (at Pedestrian Gate A) and Worthy View.
We will be contacting you closer to the festival to find out your travel arrangements so we can more effectively match our service to the numbers arriving on Wednesday and Thursday.
CAR PARK TICKETS
Car Park tickets for Worthy View car park will only be available to persons with an accommodation booking at Worthy View, and will only be available when booking accommodation.
CAR PARK TICKET DISPATCH
If you book a car park ticket for Worthy View, this will be sent out by Seetickets in May 2014.
Tickets will be sent out by Royal Mail. Tickets will be sent to the address specified when booking.
It is expected that you will receive your tickets at least 14 days before the Festival starts. Information about the dispatch of your tickets will be available through Seetickets who will email you with your tracking reference. You can track your ticket order via www.royalmail.com by entering your tracking reference number.
You can also obtain your tracking reference via Seetickets' order tracker – www.seetickets.com/CustomerService/CheckOrder. To access the order tracker you will require your email address and booking reference number.
Car Park tickets for International customers will be sent out by registered international post. You can track your international ticket order via www.royalmail.com by entering your Track and Trace number which is available via Seetickets order tracker – www.seetickets.com/CustomerService/CheckOrder. To access the order tracker you will require your email address and booking reference number.
You do not need ID to enter the Worthy View campsite, however the lead booker will be required to present their ticket (personalised with the passport photograph submitted by the ticketholder during registration) as ID when checking into accommodation at Worthy View.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
In making an accommodation booking for the Glastonbury Festival Official Off-site Campsite “Worthy View” you are agreeing to the code of conduct laid out by Glastonbury Festival 2014 Ltd. These terms and conditions expressly provide that the accommodation booked may not be used in connection with any commercial activity on or off site. All commercial activity must be separately agreed with the festival management and will be subject to a fee. By making this booking, you acknowledge your agreement to the following terms:
1. All persons aged 13 or over occupying the accommodation booked must have valid full weekend Festival tickets, and as such, agree to the full terms and conditions for ticket holders, which can be found at www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk.
2. The lead booker will be required to present their Festival ticket and a copy of their confirmation email when checking in to “Worthy View”
3. Accommodation bookings are non-transferable. After 23:59 May 9th 2014 no refunds will be made other than in the event of the cancellation of the Glastonbury Festival 2014. Any cancellations prior to 23:59 May 9th 2014 will incur a £15 administration charge per unit.
4. The Premises Licence Holder and/or Glastonbury Festival 2014 Limited reserves the right to refuse admission in any circumstances. In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all guests the Premises Licence Holder and/or Glastonbury Festival 2014 Limited may refuse entry to ticket holders who attempt to enter the Festival site or Worthy View campsite with prohibited items. Please refer to www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk for information on articles which will not be allowed onsite.
5. Admission to “Worthy View” and to the Festival Site is at the Ticket Holder's own risk. Glastonbury Festival 2014 Ltd and the Premises Licence Holder will not be held liable for any loss, injuries or damages sustained at the event including damage, theft or losses to property and motor vehicles, if the cause is due to the negligence of the ticket holder or the actions of other patrons or third parties or force majeure.
6. The accommodation booking is only valid when booked directly with official agents. The booking is personalised to the lead booker named on the booking confirmation and may not be:
- sold or transferred to another person; or
- used by any person for promotional purposes, including as a prize or other reward in a competition or lottery, except with the prior written permission of Glastonbury Festival 2014 Ltd
- purchased by an agent on behalf of his or her principal.
7. Where a booking has been obtained by a person in breach of clause 6, Glastonbury Festival 2014 Ltd’s obligations in relation to the booking will cease to have effect immediately, in particular:
- any person unlawfully presenting the booking confirmation may be refused entrance to, or removed without notice from the Glastonbury Festival 2014 Ltd and from Worthy View campsite.
- their Festival tickets may be cancelled and/or confiscated and accommodation booking withdrawn and there shall be no obligation on Glastonbury Festival 2014 Ltd or Worthy View campsite to refund any monies paid for the ticket or the accommodation booking.
8. Strictly no trading or other commercial activity by any ticket holder will be allowed at “Worthy View” or on Festival Site without the Festival's prior written consent. Please note Glastonbury Festival 2014 Ltd will charge a fee for any commercial activity (including filming, photography and recording) at “Worthy View” or on the Festival site.
9. Entrance to “Worthy View” and the Festival site is subject to both the Festival’s Photography Policy, public video camera policy and Broadcaster Internet and Filming Policy which prohibit the use of photographic or filming equipment on the Festival site for commercial gain, without the Festival’s prior written consent; such that:
- A person may be denied entry to, or removed from “Worthy View” and or the Festival site if he or she is found in possession of any equipment capable of taking photographs, making films, sound recordings or broadcasts; or if he or she takes any photograph, makes a film, sound recording or broadcast of anything occurring inside the Glastonbury Festival or the “Worthy View” campsite for commercial gain.
- A person may enter “Worthy View” or Glastonbury Festival with equipment referred to in 9.a. above where it is integrated into electronic communications apparatus designed for personal private use (such as a mobile telephone) and/or a personal stills camera but the person may still be removed in accordance with paragraph 9.a. above if they attempt to use this device for commercial gain.
10. Tickets and accommodation at the Glastonbury Festival, including “Worthy View” cannot be used as part of any marketing, media, sales promotion, staff reward programme or general competition use whether commercial or non-commercial without prior written permission of the festival organisers. The marks Glastonbury and Glastonbury Festival and the Glastonbury Festival logo are registered United Kingdom and European Community trademarks and may not be used without the express written permission of Glastonbury Festival 2014 Ltd.
11. As a condition of booking the ticket holder consents to being filmed, photographed and recorded for Television, radio, webcast and other public broadcast in any medium and/or for any video or DVD as part of the audience and/or by onsite CCTV cameras and recordings for security purposes.
12. Wristbands removed from the wrist or tampered with will be rendered invalid and will not be replaced. Lost or missing wristbands will not be replaced. Those without wristbands will be refused admission to the site or may be removed from the site, including Worthy View campsite. For security purposes all tickets remain the property of Glastonbury Festival 2014 Ltd at all times and all wristbands issued by Glastonbury Festival 2014 Ltd remain the property of Glastonbury Festival 2014 Ltd until 5pm Monday 30th June 2014.
13. The lead booker accepts liability for any loss or damage to structures incurred during the hire period which is considered by the management to be greater than general wear and tear.
Information & Notification
1. Pitches are allocated on a first come first served basis. Where possible the Festival will endeavour to meet requests for friends and family groups to be located together if booking the same accommodation type, however this service cannot be guaranteed.
2. Only the pre-erected camping facilities provided by the Festival are permitted on the “Worthy View” campsite. Please do not attempt to pitch additional tents or gazebos on any part of the Worthy View campsite or tamper with or attempt to relocate the pre-erected facilities. Any unauthorised tents will be taken down and confiscated by the Worthy View staff.
3. Cars require a separate car parking ticket, specific to “Worthy View” which must be bought in advance.
4. Campervans and Caravans are not permitted at “Worthy View”. If you wish to bring a campervan or caravan, please use the designated campervan and caravan fields, which are located on the East and West of the Festival site, which also require separate tickets. Please see www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk for more information.
5. No vehicles are to be parked or tents pitched in the fire lanes at any time.
6. No trading or sound systems of any kind are permitted at “Worthy View” other than those provided by the organisers. Anyone found operating such systems may be liable to confiscation of the system.
7. Fireworks, Chinese/flying lanterns, flares, the burning of plastics, generators, glass containers, potential weapons, portable laser equipment including laser pens or any illegal or offensive items or substances are not permitted at “Worthy View” and will be confiscated. Tents and vehicles are liable to search by security staff. Any items which the organisers consider may be used in an illegal or offensive manner shall be confiscated. Persons suspected of carrying out illegal and/or offensive activities onsite may be searched. Anyone resisting confiscation of disallowed items or disregarding these conditions will face eviction from the site. No animals are permitted anywhere at the Festival with the exception of registered guide dogs.
8. All litter must be cleared and put into litter bins or recycling bins.
9. Open fires are not permitted at “Worthy View” save for the communal campfire supervised by the organisers. Small barbecues can be used in these fields, but they must be a safe distance away from any tents or other structures.
10. Please use the toilets and urinals and do not pollute the land, streams and hedges.
11. To protect your own safety and those of other guests, please act responsibly.
12. Medical treatment at the Glastonbury Festival is provided by Festival Medical Services who are a separate legal entity. Any claims resulting from medical treatment on-site should be directed to Festival Medical Services. Glastonbury Festival 2014 Ltd accepts no liability for any injury, claim or damages resulting from any medical treatment on-site.
13. Pedestrian access from the Festival site to “Worthy View” is via a footpath at a gradient which the festival does not recommend for wheelchair users, pushchairs or child buggies. Disabled Festival-goers who wish to book accommodation at “Worthy View” may wish to drive from “Worthy View” to the disabled car park, from where a shuttle service is available to the Festival site. Alternatively, disabled facilities are available on the Festival site – please see the website for further information.
14. Smoking is not permitted in enclosed public areas, including all types of accommodation and facilities at Worthy View.
15. Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a colourless, odourless, highly poisonous gas that can kill in minutes. Carbon Monoxide poisoning can be caused by ANY fuel that burns or smoulders. Do not take a lit or smouldering BBQ or gas camping stove into your tent or accommodation unit.
16. Glastonbury Festival operates a 'Challenge 21’ policy for alcohol sales. If you look under 21, you will not be served alcohol unless you can prove you are over 18 – by presenting ID, or by wearing a ‘Challenge 21' wristband. Full details here.
17. All tents must be vacated by 5pm on Monday 30th June 2014.
18. Glastonbury Festival 2014 Ltd does not offer refunds in the event of lost or stolen tickets or where the ticket holder cannot attend the festival due to reasons beyond the Festival’s control. You might consider it prudent to insure the value of your ticket in the event of such loss.
WARNING: EXCESSIVE EXPOSURE TO LOUD MUSIC MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO YOUR HEARING