Last updated 28 March 2018
Glastonbury Festivals Limited (“GFL” – registered company number 02737866) and the event organisers, Glastonbury Festival Events Limited (“GFEL” – registered company number 04348175), hereafter referred to together as “the Festival”, are each committed to protecting your personal information.
- The Glastonbury Festival Official Website (www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk) and its related subdomains.
- The Glastonbury Festival registration site, hosted by See Tickets (www.glastonburyregistration.co.uk)
- Glastonbury Festival official social media channels
- Emails sent via the Festival website contact form
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person.
In order to process your ticket bookings, trader or job applications or other enquiries, we will need to collect and use information about you.
- what information the Festival may collect about you;
- how the Festival will use information we collect about you;
- when the Festival may use your details to contact you;
- whether the Festival will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction. We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
We do from time to time ask people for their personal details in forms to subscribe for specific information or entering applications electronically. Personal information collected via this website and the registration process is controlled by Glastonbury Festivals Limited (the data controller). This data is only held for the specified purpose made clear at the time of collection. Your data will only ever be shared with a third party for explicit, necessary processing purposes; for instance:
- See Tickets is the Data Processor of your registered personal information. See Tickets have access to your registered personal information for the sole purpose of maintaining your registration details and processing ticket bookings and ticket related enquiries. See Tickets will not use this information to contact you about anything other than the Festival (however you may still receive communication from them if you have made other third party purchases with them independently).
- If you book accommodation or purchase a water bottle via See Tickets, your booking information will be shared with the accommodation provider or WaterAid respectively, for the sole purpose of processing your booking. Neither our accommodation providers nor WaterAid will use this information to contact you about anything other than your booking (however you may still receive communication from them if you have made other bookings with them or opted in to their mailing lists independently).
- The Festival mailing list is currently administered on the Vice-Versa CRM System who will act as the Data Processor on behalf of the Festival. The Festival reserves the right to appoint a new Data Processor for the mailing list.
All Data Processors will acted only on instructions from the Festival.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information. When we do this we will provide further details about why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
We comply with all relevant data protection laws in all our dealings with your personal data, and we will ensure that our Data Processors do the same.
The Festival will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- To contact you with information about your ticket registration, ticket or accommodation purchase (either directly or via its data processors e.g. See Tickets or Vice Versa)
- To contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide for the website, or CVs or applications uploaded to our contact form.
- To deal with your requests and enquiries;
- To use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries, and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not.
- For analysis and research purposes so that we may improve the services offered by the Festival. This can include using geo-demographic information from external sources, to ensure that localised services (such as the local ticket area) are protected.
- To notify you of any changes to the Festival’s policies and practices.
- We may also use and disclose anonymised information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Where the Festival proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. When we do this we will provide further information about why we are using your information and how we will use it, and obtain your consent in advance where needed.
Registration is open to anyone aged 13 or over, however if you are aged 15 or under, you will need your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to the Festival.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
As an annual event, we recognise that just because you have not used your registration details to purchase a ticket in one year, does not mean you have no intention of using your registration to purchase a ticket in future.
If you no longer wish to be registered to apply for tickets for the Festival you may delete your registration at any time (as long as you do not have a current booking).
You can subscribe to the official Festival Newsletter either directly via the subscribe link on the Festival website, or via opting in on your Festival registration.
The Festival Newsletter will bring your periodic updates on the Festival and its activities, including other events organised by the Festival, the activities of our charity partners, or services available to Festival goers.
The Newsletter is currently sent via Vice-Versa CRM System, and you can unsubscribe from the list at any time, using the unsubscribe link in each newsletter email, or via the email preferences options on your registration.
The copyright in the text on this website is owned by Glastonbury Festivals Limited (‘we, ‘us’ ‘our’) except where it is specifically stated that the information was previously published elsewhere and/or the copyright is acknowledged to another party, usually the original publisher or writer. Any text on this website that is marked with the copyright notice of any other party apart from the Festival is that person’s intellectual property and you must contact that person or organisation if you wish to use their material.
Subject to the above, other publications are very welcome to copy all or part of any article(s) on this website where we hold the copyright on the strict condition that this website is acknowledged and a link (in online publishing) or the address (in print) to this website is provided as part of the article. If you do wish to use an article in this way you must send details of this using the contact details found on the ‘Contacts’ page of this website.
We own the copyright in all photographs taken by employees and volunteers of the Glastonbury Festival. However, photographs taken by freelance photographers who have purchased their tickets to the Festival, with specific permission to work as a freelance photographer, retain the copyright of these images. They are published here with their permission for promotional use on this website only and may not be used without the original copyright owner’s permission.
Higher resolution versions of photographs found on this website are usually available for use in publications. We can also advise if any appropriate fee is payable for use of the photograph. Please advise when requesting a picture of the full web address of the picture required or of the subject matter. We will also provide details of the appropriate credit to be used when the picture is used. You may not copy and use any photographs or other artwork without our permission. Any approved licences for the use of photographs, text material or other material from this website will be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Copyright of the photographs submitted to the website gallery will remain the property of the photographer or other copyright owner but by uploading them to our gallery, the owner of the copyright irrevocably grants to Glastonbury Festivals Ltd the right to publish the photograph itself whether on its official website or by any other form of publication in any other media or arrange publication through third parties in any form of publication in any media and notwithstanding the generality of the forgoing the photographer/owner of the copyright hereby expressly agrees that Glastonbury Festivals Limited may use the photograph in any official DVD or similar audio-visual device or television or internet programme without further approval from or payment to the copyright owner.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Whilst Glastonbury Festivals Limited (the data controller for the Festival’s registration system) and the event organisers, Glastonbury Festival Events Ltd (the data controller for all other data processed by the event), will use their reasonable endeavours to ensure that all material found on this website is accurate and up to date, it cannot guarantee this to users/readers and neither Glastonbury Festivals Limited nor Glastonbury Festival Events Ltd represent that the information contained on this website is accurate, complete or verified and will accept no liability or obligation (whether at law or otherwise) for the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this website or for any loss or damage suffered by any person, company or other organisation from any reliance placed upon the information found on this website. Users/readers of this website should note that information in pages published in relation to previous years’ Festivals (and clearly indicated as such at the top of each page, and by the address starting http://archive.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk) does not necessarily apply to the current year’s Festival.
Pages that acknowledge a specific author do not necessarily represent the opinion of the Festival but are presented as the opinion of that author. The Festival has no responsibility for the contents of such articles.
If you wish to submit an article to this website it must be on the understanding that all writing is the original work of the author/s in question, unless otherwise attributed or referenced. Authors must confirm that, where verbatim quotations have been employed, these quotations are incorporated into the works with the full permission of the subject. It is the responsibility of authors to clear permission for quotations, illustrations, tables, photographs and diagrams, etc. (where required), and to pay any applicable licence or permission fees. By submitting any works, the author releases Glastonbury Festivals Limited from any liability therein, including but not limited to any copyright infringement and defamatory comment which are the author(s)’s sole responsibility and liability.
You have the following rights under the GDPR in respect of your personal information held by us:
(a) to access your personal data – you have the right to request a copy of the personal information the Festival holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
(b) to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed (this information is set out in this Policy)
(c) to have your personal data corrected where necessary (please contact us promptly should you become aware of any incorrect or out-of-date information)
(d) to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances (please refer to the appropriate data protection legislation or consult the ICO for details)
(e) to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
(f) to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business
In order to verify your request, you will be asked to provide copies of two forms of identification, which (Passport, Driving licence, Birth certificate, Current vehicle registration document).
You also have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
0303 123 1113.
Cookies may be used from time to time to assist us in presenting the website in a more usable format.
INFORMATION AND THE LAW
We may occasionally release your personal or financial information to assist law enforcement, to comply with laws or regulations, for example to enforce the terms under which you purchased a ticket, or to protect the rights, property or safety of the Festival, users of the site or others, including your vital interests or those of another person.
RECORDING THE FESTIVAL
If you wish to film or record the Festival please make sure you have read our Broadcaster, Internet and Filming Access Policy. If you wish to use a camcorder, mobile phone etc to film at the Festival for your own private use please see our guide to filming at the Festival.
‘Glastonbury Festival’, ‘Glastonbury’ and the Festival’s official logo are all registered trademarks owned by Glastonbury Festivals Limited. All rights reserved.
This website www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk is owned by Glastonbury Festivals Ltd.