The Police have been present on the Festival site since 1989. The Festival is a town in its own right, and the town needs policing. The Police HQ is located near the Bank and Farmhouse. Please report all crime.
Only food and alcohol for personal consumption can be brought into the site. You may be searched at the entrance for any items that may be used in an illegal or offensive manner - which will be confiscated. Persons suspected of carrying out illegal and/or offensive activities onsite may also be searched and face eviction. No portable laser equipment or pens are permitted. No animals (except registered guide dogs), sound systems, generators, sky lanterns or kites, unauthorised fireworks, or wax flares, large fires or burning of plastic will be allowed on site. Persons using fireworks will be evicted from site and materials confiscated. No unauthorised tape recorders, professional film or video equipment are allowed onsite. Cameras for personal use are welcome. Ticket holders consent to the filming and sound recording of themselves as part of the audience. CCTV will be used on site. Images will be monitored for the purposes of public safety, crowd management and crime prevention. For further information, contact Site Office, Worthy Farm, Pilton, BA4 4BY. The cost of the ticket includes camping (apart from Sunday tickets), musical and non-musical performances.
Head to glastonburypolice.org for the official website of Avon and Somerset Police's Festival team.
Statement from Avon & Somerset Constabulary:
"Without effecting the level or manner of policing to the communities of Avon and Somerset we are:
- Increasing the number of police officers in the surrounding towns and villages before, during and after the Festival.
- Setting up temporary police stations at Pilton, Pylle and West Pennard.
- Working out a traffic plan with diversions to cover a wide area, so that non-Festival traffic is signposted away from the busiest areas.
- Hiring the Royal Bath and West Showground as a support base for our custody centre and vehicle park for the towaway scheme.
- Building a police village on the Festival site for our enquiry office, communications and command centres.
- Planning to have a large number of police officers working on the Festival site. Some will be in uniform. Our main targets will be thieves and drug dealers."