Glastonbury Festival 2014

U2 forced to cancel Glastonbury appearance

25 May 2010

Following a phone call from Bono to Michael Eavis this morning, we're extremely sorry to report that U2 will not be able to perform their headline slot at this year's Glastonbury Festival. This is due to the serious back injury which Bono sustained last week and the subsequent medical advice he has received.

Said Bono: "I'm heartbroken. We really wanted to be there to do something really special - we even wrote a song especially for the Festival."

Said Michael Eavis: "It was obvious from our telephone conversation that U2 are hugely disappointed. Clearly, they were looking forward to playing the Pyramid Stage as much as we were looking forward to watching them. At this point, we have no comment to make about possible replacements for U2's Friday night slot. Instead, we would simply like to send Bono our very best wishes for a full and speedy recovery."