(Click for See Coaches)
NATIONAL EXPRESS COACHES
Coaches are one of the best – and greenest – ways to get to Glastonbury. In 2017, our official coach travel partner, National Express, will once again be running services from over 75 locations direct to the Festival’s own on-site coach station right by the Festival gates. Click here for their website and use the journey planner above for times and prices.
Of course an added bonus of travelling with National Express Coaches is that your journey is better for the environment. You generate at least FIVE TIMES less CO2 emissions going by coach, than driving in a car alone to the festival. Why not check out the Carbon Calculator below to see how much you could save.
Here are our top five reasons to get the Coach
1. It’s direct – you’ll get dropped off and picked up from the Festival site.
2. You won’t have to listen to the sat nav or try reading an upside map whilst driving.
3. You’ll be tired – after a weekend of late nights, you can let someone else do the driving.
4. The fun can begin as soon as you get on the coach – it will be full of your fellow Festival-goers.
5. It’s greener – everyone on a coach instead of separate cars means less of an impact on the environment.
Booking coach travel to Glastonbury is easy
Call 08717 81 81 81 – 24/7 (calls cost 10p per minute)
As part of the Festival’s continued commitment to green travel, 15,000 coach + ticket packages for Glastonbury 2016 were sold in advance of general sale, rewarding green travellers with the chance to be the first to secure their Glastonbury 2016 tickets. These tickets have now sold out.
Brighton Peace and Environment Centre coaches
The Brighton Peace and Environment Centre (BPEC) provides great value, eco-friendly transport to and from the Festival. Information for 2017 available soon.
Private Hire Coaches dropping and picking up
2017 INFORMATION AVAILABLE SOON
The Main Festival Bus Station between Yellow and Red gate is NOT available for private coaches at any time
New Private Hire Coach Park (PH CP)
For Coaches 15 seats and above the Festival will have a dedicated area inside Bronze gate on the A361 where passengers can be dropped off on Wednesday from 05:00 to 18:00 and picked up on Monday from 02:00 to 18:00 (see details of how to apply for access and restrictions below)
For minibuses less than 15 seats – please either use the drop and collect or park in the Public car parks.
The new location is situated just off the A361 adjacent to the car parks and passengers can walk to either gate A or D. Stewards will be on site to assist directing coaches and passengers. Please make sure that on arrival that you vacate the coach and remove all luggage to the Pedestrian area so that your coach can leave quickly.
There will be a charge of £100 for the use of this facility (PH CP) which includes the arrival & departure of your coach. This reflects the charges paid by other coach operators and other forms of transport used to get to the Festival. FAILURE TO BOOK WILL RESULT IN FAILURE TO BE ALLOWED ACCESS.
THERE IS NO SPACE FOR COACHES TO TAKE BREAKS in the Private Hire coach park. If drivers need a break then they will need to find a local facility away from the Festival site (stewards will be able to direct the driver).
When your booking has been confirmed, passes will be sent to the lead booker & driver with all the relevant information regarding routes & access.
If you wish to use the Private Hire coach park (PH CP) facility this year then please do get in touch using the Contact Form – selecting ‘Any other enquiries’ – with the following details before Wednesday 1st June 2016 in order to book your coach space. (Minibuses of 15 seats go to the Drop and collect),
What we need to Know.
– date and preferred time of arrival – we have limited spaces and need to make sure that when you arrive there is space for you.
– date and preferred time of departure – as the space is limited we do not want coaches turning up early so it is important that both passengers and coaches turn up together and load quickly.
– lead name – for pre Festival & on site contact in case of issues
– contact details – including email address & a mobile phone number
– size of vehicle (number of seats)
– number of people on coach
– name of coach company
Coach Drivers – please do not drop on local roads! Passengers will then have miles to walk and are at risk from moving traffic. Please follow the signs to the Bronze gate off the A361.