Spot the giant on the Greenpeace field
The huge rocket on the Greenpeace Field last year has been transformed into a show-stopping 20m Tree, where DJ’s will play until the early hours. The tree will come alive at night… It’s a must-see feature at Glastonbury this year!
If we told you that an area of rainforest the size of Glastonbury Festival is destroyed every fifteen minutes you’d be horrified, right?
Greenpeace are at Glastonbury to stand tall, stand strong and to be a part of the movement to protect the lungs of our planet – our forests. Festivals are a time to celebrate and find positive solutions to our contemporary issues and ‘Stand for Forests’ is the key message we will be focusing on this year. The myth of a limitless forest is slowly giving way to the reality of forests as a home to priceless biodiversity in flora, fauna and people. With help from our supporters Greenpeace are stopping illegal timber from Cameroon from reaching European ports, we’re barring the expansion of soya plantations into the Amazon, we’re fighting fires in Russia, and we’re getting in the path of bulldozers, again and again. This is the vision of hope and direct action that the Greenpeace Field will represent this year at Glastonbury. A movement to protect forests is bigger than any single group or organisation: it includes everybody. We will come together as individuals, as groups, as Greenpeace to defend our forests.
Our mission is to halt deforestation everywhere. And more than that, we are determined to ensure that by the middle of this century, we’ll have more forests on the planet that we have today. Every single action we take will bring us one step closer to our vision of a green and peaceful world where every forest will remain standing strong forever.
If you want to learn more about Greenpeace at Glastonbury Festival, visit our Worthy Causes page. If you want to find out more about Greenpeace in general, click here or you can show your support by tweeting us @GreenpeaceUK #StandForForests
DON’T MISS OUR MUST-DO MOMENTS!
From Skating to Dancing, Virtual Reality to Yoga, our beautiful forest-themed field is bigger and better than ever.
1. Be a part of our Opening Launch Party on the Wednesday from mid-day onwards
2. Party with us beneath the extraordinary 20 metre tree (DJ booth included!)
3. Join us on the Skate ramp. For the first time ever, we are joined by the VAN’s team and an all-female skate group. Don’t miss it! From 10.00 every day with workshops each morning
4. Feeling dirty? Visit our free hot showers! Just don’t forget to bring a towel…Open daily 08.00 -19.00
5. Visit the Greenpeace Virtual Reality Dome and you will be immersed into the Amazon rainforest. From 10:00-18:00
6. Keen climber? Boulder virgin? Come give our climbing wall a go!
7. Grab a coffee and some lovely veggie food in the Greenpeace Café – Now open 24/7!
8. We all need a bit of an energy boost during the festival, so come and get involved in some Power Ballad Yoga – the name speaks for itself! 10:00 – 11.00 every day. Except Sunday 11:00 – 12:00
9. Party hard in the Greenpeace Bar with great bands and DJs open until 03:00
10. Grab a seat in the Grotto, meet our wonderful volunteers, and learn about the majesty of the world’s forests and what we can to do to preserve their beauty.